There is a very good chance that that nice Windows 10 laptop with 32 or 64 gigs memory will sooner or later use up so much of your storage space that you cannot update it at all.
This happens as applications are added and as Windows is updated and an old version of Windows, and or restore points, are not deleted.
These are the things you need to do when presented with such a situation
1. (If possible), even before you get into such a situation, create a recovery drive by entering “Create a Recovery Drive” in the search block at the left bottom of your screen
2 If you do not already have administrative rights, set them up.
5. Run the cleanup utility by entering “Clean Up” in the search box at the left bottom of your screen and check to clean up old system files
3. Delete the windows.old directory from your C:\ drive
4. Download the windirstat utility to determine where else storage can be reduced.
5. Add another USB 32GB or largee flash drive to give you more storage space in the future. Make this a primary drive for new storage. Do this by going to Storage under Settings and identifying the drive for various uses..
6.Optionally, reset your computer in Settings to get rid of items that are taking up too much space.